Gary L. Richardson
A Renowned Tulsa Personal Injury Lawyer
Founding Attorney Gary L. Richardson has earned his reputation as one of the most prominent and accomplished lawyers in the Southwest region, and his firm is correspondingly sought after by many clients in the region. Gary founded Richardson Richardson Boudreaux PLLC, originally The Richardson Law Firm, to give injury victims the powerful voice they need when battling insurance companies and other deep-pocketed corporations. Representing clients throughout Texas, Oklahoma, and other surrounding states, Gary has successfully recovered a number of record-setting jury verdicts.
To benefit from our thorough representation, call Richardson Richardson Boudreaux PLLC at 918.347.6456 for a free initial consultation.
A Reputation for Success
Gary’s talent and reputation for multi-million dollar recoveries can be attributed to his expertise, as he has the ability to communicate with the jury in a persuasive, convincing, and highly effective manner. He believe his success is, in part, a product of the lessons he has learned through a multitude of experiences.
These experiences have served as inspiration for three books Gary has had published: Fear is Never Your Friend, Black Robe Fever, Thank God They Ate the Apple, and a motivational audio series entitled Winning in the Courtroom. He delivers seminars nationwide regarding his first book, Fear is Never Your Friend, helping people eliminate the destructive power of fear in their lives.
History of Richardson Richardson Boudreaux PLLC
Our firm was founded with the express purpose of representing individuals who have been wronged, and has grown to become one of the most preeminent trial firms in the Southwest.
Gary has shown an interest in politics, running for Congress in 1978 and 1980. He also made serious headway as an Independent gubernatorial candidate in 2002, receiving the open endorsement of both Republican candidates after they lost in the primary.
Gary is married to Lanna Wilcox, and together they have five children and ten grandchildren. He is an active member of South Tulsa Baptist Church, and has served in other churches as a Deacon, Sunday school teacher, music leader, and even a speaker at the pulpit.
South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 1972 J.D.
- Honors: The Green Bag Award Southern Nazarene University, Bethany, OK, USA, 1963 B.S.
- Honors: Outstanding Student Award
Background & Professional Experience
Gary received his undergraduate degree from Southern Nazarene University in 1983, where he earned the distinction of Outstanding Graduate, as well as the prestigious Green Bag award for achieving the highest grades in his class. After graduating, he worked as an insurance adjuster for Allstate by day, while attending law school at Oklahoma City University by night – all while starting a family.
Gary’s employer transferred him to Houston, and he was able to complete his Juris Doctorate at South Texas College in 1972. After his admission to the bar, he served as the Assistant Insurance Commissioner for the State of Oklahoma, also serving on the legal staff.
In 1975, Gary was appointed as the Assistant District Attorney for Muskogee County, Oklahoma, where he set a record for the longest list of convictions. He served in this role for two years before entering a partnership with Doug Garrett.
Gary was appointed as the United States Attorney in 1981 by President Ronald Reagan. He served in this capacity until 1984, when he opened the firm that would eventually become Richardson Richardson Boudreaux PLLC.
- Tulsa’s Top Lawyers 2012 – Banking and Institution Representations
- 1993 Guinness Book of Records for the largest amount awarded in a libel case with Vic Feazell
- Named as one of the Nations Top 1% by The National Association Distinguished Counsel
- Texas, 1972
- Oklahoma, 1975
- Colorado, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
Professional associations and memberships:
- National Speakers Association, 2004 – Present – Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1987 – Present
- Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association, 1975 – Present
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Insurance Bad Faith
Insurance Bad Faith