Colton L. Richardson
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
For some, a challenge can be an excuse to shy away from circumstances. It is all the more reason to face the situation, and this is exactly how I represent our clients, as we face challenges together.
In Kindergarten, I walked across the stage to the middle, standing next to my teacher, telling all of my friends and their families that I wanted to be a lawyer when I grow up. I didn’t think it would actually happen until halfway through my undergraduate degree when I was accepted into law schools.
As much as I love learning, I was a doer. At the University of Tulsa College of Law, any chance I had to work outside of the class rather than sit in a room, I took it. With that, I worked for Honorable John Dowdell in the U.S. Northern District of Oklahoma for one summer where I read motions and summary judgments, researched the issues, and wrote more than 15 drafts of opinions for Judge Dowdell. I also worked for Life Church legal counsel, Tulsa County Public Defenders’ Office, Check-6, Inc., Fry & Elder law firm, and Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office. Any opportunity I have to go and do, I take it.
After graduating law school in the top of my class and passing the bar, I worked at the Tulsa County District Attorney’s office, where I tried jury trials for misdemeanor and felony cases. After gaining invaluable trial experience there, I joined my grandfather, father, and their partners here at Richardson Richardson Boudreaux. Now I have the opportunity to serve individuals in what may be one of the most challenging times in their lives. We would love the opportunity to serve you.
- Graduated with Highest Honors and Distinction from University of Tulsa College of Law
- CALI award for highest grade in class in: evidence, professional responsibility, and advanced torts
- University of Oklahoma, graduated with distinction BBA, studied entrepreneurship and venture management and psychology; Letzeiser Award Recipient (Top 13 male seniors: academics, campus and community involvement, honors, and essay); Boren Mentoring Initiative Award; Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office: May 2018 – April 2020
- Federal Judicial Externship for U.S. Northern District of Oklahoma, Honorable John Dowdell
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 – 2022
- Member since 2018, Hudson-Hall-Wheaton American Inns of Court
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Committee Member for Young Lawyer’s Division; 2020 – present; Co-Chair for Young Lawyer’s Division; 2021
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association for Justice
- Board of Directors, member, Operation Aware; 2021 – present
- Eastern District of OK Federal
- Oklahoma State Courts
- Muscogee Creek Nation Jurisdiction
- Northern District of OK Federal
- Western District of OK Federal
YOU PAY NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE!
To start your free consultation, fill out the form below or call 918-492-7674