Mr. Smith originally hails from Cleveland, Ohio. After graduating from high school ranked sixth in a class of three hundred, his fascination with American History led him to conduct his undergraduate studies at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. Mr. Smith went on to attend law school at the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, where he earned CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Legal Writing & Litigation and Psychiatry & Law, as well as the ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law.
After earning his law degree, he and his family put down roots in Tulsa, Oklahoma. For years he represented corporate defendants and insurance companies in contentious litigation. Among the areas of law he specializes in are Insurance Bad Faith, Employment Law, Civil Rights, Medical Malpractice, Premises Liability, Automobile Negligence, and Commercial Litigation. Mr. Smith knows how insurance companies and big corporate defendants operate, and he applies the skills and experience he’s gained from years of defense work and puts it to work for the people of the State of Oklahoma.
As a litigator, Mr. Smith provides capable representation to his clientele with a combination of precise legal writing and effective rhetoric to achieve the best possible results for his clients, both inside and outside of the courtroom. Mr. Smith is an active member of the Hudson-Hall-Wheaton Chapter of the American Inns of Court, a professional association of attorneys and judges dedicated to the refinement and perfection of their craft.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio, J.D., 2012
- College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, B.A., Anthropology, 2002
Honors and Awards:
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Psychiatry & Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Writing & Litigation
- State of Oklahoma, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Hudson-Hall- Wheaton Chapter