Oklahoma City Car Accident Attorney
Compensation for Car Accident Victims in Oklahoma City
Our legal team understands how difficult it can be to face injuries stemming from car accidents. Due to their painful and detrimental ramifications, suffering in a car accident can haunt you for the rest of your life.
It is imperative that you do not waste time in contacting a skilled lawyer that you can trust. We have handled cases involving all types of car accidents and know how to advocate for those who were injured because of someone else’s negligent driving.
If you or a loved one has recently been involved in a car accident, it is absolutely vital that you do not hesitate to secure the necessary legal assistance from a skilled Oklahoma City car accident attorney at our firm. We can help you recover compensation for your losses.
Contact us to schedule your free consultation today!
What to Do After a Car Accident in Oklahoma City
A car accident is a jarring experience that can cause even the most level-headed individuals to feel flustered. While you may be shaken up during the immediate aftermath, it is crucial you stay calm and be deliberate with your actions. What you say and do after a collision can have a considerable impact on any subsequent personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim you may have.
After a crash in Oklahoma City, be sure to do the following:
- Stay at the scene and render aid to any parties who may be injured. Never flee the scene of an accident!
- Call for an ambulance if anyone appears to be seriously injured. After, call the police and report the crash. You are required by law to report any crash involving injury, death, or more than $300 worth of damage as soon as possible to the police.
- Once the police arrive, exchange information with all involved motorists. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, insurance policy information, driver's license numbers, and vehicle registration information. Get the contact information of any witnesses to the crash as well for future reference.
- Do not discuss the crash with anyone except the police. Tell them your version of the facts and avoid making any uncertain statements. Do not apologize for the crash in any way.
- Gather as much photographic or video evidence you can while at the scene. This includes photos of all vehicle damage, the positioning of the vehicles in relation to one another, tire tracks, traffic patterns, weather conditions, and any other details which help paint a picture of what happened. If you can, get a photograph of any injuries you have suffered before they are treated.
- Once cleared to leave by the police, if you have not already been rushed to the hospital, seek medical help immediately. It is not uncommon for car accident injuries to go unnoticed for hours or even days following a crash due to the associated adrenaline rush. Tell your doctor of any pain you experience and follow all treatment instructions carefully.
- Keep detailed records of all expenses you incur as a result of your injuries, including medical bills, prescription drug costs, lost wages from time away from work, and the cost of transportation to your medical appointments.
- You will be contacted by an insurance adjuster soon after the crash. Do not sign any medical release forms or accept any settlement offers until you have spoken to an attorney. Many initial settlement offers are far lower than what you would truly need to cover the full costs of your injuries. An attorney can help you fight for the full value of your losses and ensure your interests are protected.
How Can We Help You?
Our team can investigate your case to find evidence that may show that the other driver was at fault for causing your accident, from actions such as texting while driving, drunk driving, or some other form of recklessness.
We will also work with you to gather documentation to establish the full scope of the impact that the accident has had on your life, such as medical records, bills and testimony concerning your symptoms and physical limitations. If the at-fault party’s insurance company tries to downplay how serious your injuries are, or offers an unfairly low settlement, we will stand up to them and demand justice.
Our firm has invaluable resources on its side to help make a strong case on your behalf. One crucial aspect of a personal injury claim is a doctor’s official assessment of your injuries; we work with an in-house nurse who can provide this service. We also work with accident reconstructionists who can help determine liability.
Let Our Oklahoma City Car Accident Lawyers Help You
Whether you have suffered whiplash, broken bones, a brain or spinal injury, some other injury, or even the tragic loss of a loved one, we urge you to contact us as soon as possible. A car accident can change everything in an instant, and it is often difficult to move on. Our team is here to recover damages for what you’ve lost.
Let us guide you through this experience and work to safeguard your best interests. Call (918) 347-6456 today!