Car accidents happen all the time, and every car accident has the potential to be severe. If you are involved in a motor vehicle collision, you must call the police immediately. Make sure to ask for a copy of the police report, and remember to seek medical care as quickly as possible.
Then, after you are confident that there is a plan in place for your recovery, you need to reach out to an Oklahoma City car accident lawyer who can help you. At Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, it is our pleasure to provide you with access to an Oklahoma City car accident attorney.
Our team has a tremendous amount of experience working with clients of all backgrounds, and it would be our pleasure to help you as well. Learn more about our services, and contact us today for a case consultation.
THE BENEFITS OF HIRING AN EXPERIENCED OKLAHOMA CITY CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER TO HELP WITH YOUR CASE
You will enjoy several significant benefits if you hire an experienced car accident lawyer in Oklahoma City to help you after a car crash. Some of the top benefits of working with an experienced car accident lawyer include the following:
- Reduce your stress. After a motor vehicle accident, many moving parts are involved. You need to focus all of your energy on your medical recovery, but you must still handle legal issues, insurance issues, and paperwork. If you work with an Oklahoma City car crash attorney, they can take the paperwork and legal matters on your behalf while you focus on getting better.
- Protect your rights. Of course, you must ensure that your rights are adequately protected. An Oklahoma City car crash lawyer can help you with this. A lawyer can review your case’s circumstances, make sure your voice is heard, and ensure you receive all the compensation to which you are entitled.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. If the accident was not your fault, you should not be responsible for the financial ramifications of the accident. Working with a car accident lawyer is essential. An Oklahoma City car crash lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company and make sure you receive a fair settlement. Do not accept the first offer from the insurance company. Instead, reach out to a lawyer who can assist you.
- File a personal injury lawsuit. Even a relatively minor motor vehicle accident has the potential to lead to severe injuries. If you have suffered bodily harm, you need to contact an Oklahoma City lawyer who can review your case and file a lawsuit. A personal injury lawsuit can help you recover additional damages that can replace lost income and cover large bills. You need to ask for a copy of your medical records after your doctor’s appointment so your lawyer can review them.
These are just a few ways an Oklahoma City car accident attorney can help you. If you are looking for the best car crash lawyer in Oklahoma City, look no further than Richardson Richardson Boudreaux.
HOW OUR EXPERIENCED OKLAHOMA CITY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS CAN HELP YOU
At Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, we provide car accident victims with access to one of the best teams in the local area. We will be with you every step of the way, making sure you are informed as the claims process unfolds. Some of the ways our Oklahoma car accident attorneys can help you include the following:
- Conduct an investigation. You need to ensure the investigation is conducted appropriately following a motor vehicle accident in Oklahoma. Just because there is a police report doesn’t necessarily mean everything is correct. We can look at all the evidence, place the blame appropriately, and protect your rights.
- Provide referrals. If you need a referral to a specialist who can help you following a motor vehicle accident, it would be our pleasure to assist you. We have connections throughout the local area, and we can lean on those connections to ensure you receive the comprehensive care to which you are entitled.
- Involve expert witnesses. Sometimes, we need to get an expert witness to support our version of events. If that is what we need to do, we can lean on our expert witnesses to provide testimony that can help your case.
- Recover damages. We can also recover fair compensation on your behalf. We understand that many expenses could result from a motor vehicle accident in Oklahoma. You may need to get your car repaired, or you may have to pay the medical bills you need. We can recover damages from the insurance company or the other driver following a motor vehicle accident.
- Save time. Finally, saving time is one of the most significant benefits of working with our team. You need to focus your energy on your medical recovery, and we understand how the justice and insurance systems work. Let us handle these issues for you and focus all your attention on improving.
For many reasons, it will be best if you work with a car accident lawyer from our team. Reach out to us today for a case consultation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OKLAHOMA CAR ACCIDENT LAWS
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident in Oklahoma, you need to be familiar with local laws. Some of the most critical points to keep in mind regarding local laws include the following:
OKLAHOMA IS AN “AT-FAULT” STATE
The state of Oklahoma is an at-fault state. That means that the at-fault driver, and the at-fault driver’s insurance company, are responsible for medical expenses and property damage incurred by the other driver. Therefore, if you are involved in an accident that is not your fault, the other person’s insurance company should be responsible for covering the cost of your damage.
THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR A CAR ACCIDENT CLAIM IN TWO YEARS
If you would like to file a car accident claim after a motor vehicle accident in Oklahoma, you have two years within which to do so. You must file a car accident claim within two years to be able to get your claim heard. That is why it is crucial to reach out to a car accident lawyer in Oklahoma as quickly as possible. We would be pleased to review your case and file a claim before the time limit runs out.
MODIFIED COMPARATIVE NEGLIGENCE IN OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Oklahoma is also a modified comparative negligence state. What this means is that you could be partially blamed for the accident. You will not be allowed to pursue compensation from the other driver or the other driver’s insurance company if the accident is more than 50% of your fault. Reaching out to an Oklahoma City car accident lawyer who can review your case is essential.
OKLAHOMA ONLY REQUIRES DRIVERS TO CARRY LIABILITY INSURANCE
In Oklahoma, you should have car insurance to operate a motor vehicle on the road. You are only required to carry liability insurance. If you have liability insurance and are blamed for the accident, your insurance company will not pay for your property damage or medical expenses.
That is why it is generally better for you to have full coverage. On the other hand, that also means that if you don’t get blamed for the accident, the other driver should have car insurance that will cover your medical expenses and property damage.
REPORTING A CAR ACCIDENT IN OKLAHOMA
Following a motor vehicle accident in Oklahoma, you need to call 911 as quickly as possible. Always ask for the police officers to come to the scene. You need to ask for a copy of the police report for the accident report after the collision.
Even if you feel like the accident was relatively minor, you still need to ask the police officers to come to the scene. If there is no police report, it would be like the accident never even happened.
WHAT TO DO IMMEDIATELY AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT IN OKLAHOMA CITY?
If you get involved in a car accident in Oklahoma City, you need to know what to do next. Some of the most critical points to keep in mind include the following:
CONTACT 911 AND LOCAL AUTHORITIES
You need to call 911 as quickly as possible. Always ask for the police officers to come to the accident scene. You must call 911 and ask for the police officers to arrive to have access to a police report. It might make it harder for you to file a personal injury claim.
TAKE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS FOR EVIDENCE
You need to take photos and videos after the accident. Always take pictures of your vehicle and the other vehicle. You can take some videos, allowing everyone to see how the accident unfolded. You need to preserve this information, as it might be used as evidence down the road.
PRESERVE EVERY PIECE OF DOCUMENTATION
You must make sure that you preserve every piece of documentation. The police officers should give you a copy of the police report, and it should have the other driver’s insurance information on it. You should ask the police officers if additional documentation is required.
HIRE AN EXPERIENCED CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
You seek medical care as quickly as possible following a motor vehicle accident. Then, after you are confident that there is a plan in place for your recovery, you need to hire an experienced car accident lawyer. Make sure you ask for a copy of your medical records and bring them to your consultation with your attorney.
INFORM YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY
You should contact your insurance company to let them know what has happened. Even if you feel like the accident was not your fault, your insurance company still needs to know about it. Your insurance company may need to work with the other insurance company to ensure payment of the damages appropriately. You may even want your attorney to reach out to your insurance company.
FILE A CAR ACCIDENT CASE
Finally, you need to file a car accident case. Your car accident lawyer can help you with this. Remember that you have two years to file a personal injury claim following a motor vehicle accident. It is better to file this claim sooner rather than later. That is why you should always reach out to a car accident lawyer in Oklahoma as soon as possible following a motor vehicle accident.
WHAT COMPENSATION CAN YOU GET FROM CAR ACCIDENT CLAIMS?
If your car accident lawyer believes that you have a case following a motor vehicle collision, there are different types of compensation that you may be able to recover. Some of the most common types of damages include:
COMPENSATION FOR CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Even a relatively minor motor vehicle accident could lead to severe injuries. A car accident lawyer may be able to seek compensation for those injuries on your behalf. For example, you may have suffered severe bone fractures or been diagnosed with a brain injury. You may even require emergency surgery. Even with health insurance, these medical bills can be expensive, and a car accident attorney may be able to seek compensation on your behalf.
How will you make ends meet if you are hurt and unable to work? You might be entitled to compensation if you have suffered lost income or wages due to the accident. A car accident lawyer can ensure you receive a fair and just settlement.
Of course, it will cost money to repair your vehicle following a motor vehicle accident. If you cannot repair your vehicle, you are entitled to money to replace your vehicle. A car accident lawyer can seek compensation for property damage on your behalf. You need to work with a car accident lawyer who can review all of the case information and ensure you receive enough money to repair or replace your vehicle.
There are also different types of non-economic damages that you might receive as well. It refers to compensation that might not have an objective number on a sheet of paper but could still be worth a lot of money.
For example, you might have been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after the accident. You might have gone through significant emotional distress. These are common types of non-economic compensation to which you could be entitled.
Finally, you may receive punitive damages after the accident. If the circumstances of the accident were particularly egregious, a judge or jury might award you additional compensation. For example, the other person didn’t have a license or was driving while intoxicated. Your lawyer will let you know if you might be entitled to punitive damages, which could increase the size of your stop.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION WITH OUR CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
You must reach out to an Oklahoma City car accident lawyer as quickly as possible. At Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, we have a tremendous amount of experience representing drivers in the local area. It would be our pleasure to represent you as well.
Always seek medical care as quickly as possible following a motor vehicle accident. Then, ask for a copy of your medical record, and come to us for a consultation. We can review the circumstances of your accident and see if you deserve compensation. Contact us today for a free case consultation. It would be our honor to represent you.