Tulsa Farm Equipment Accident Lawyers
There are approximately 3.1 million people working on America’s 2.3 million farms and ranches according to the U.S. Department of Labor. Farm accidents and various work-related health problems are responsible for the deaths of 1300 people and directly lead to 120,000 injuries annually, the majority of which can be prevented.
If you or someone you care about has been seriously injured or lost their life due to a severe farm equipment accident in Oklahoma, contact our experienced Tulsa personal injury attorneys today. We are the largest plaintiff’s firm in Oklahoma, and we have the skill, knowledge, and resources you need to successfully pursue maximum compensation.
Our firm is proud to stand for the rights of agricultural workers. Call (918) 347-6456 today to learn how we can help you.
Hazardous Farming Materials and Equipment
People often think that farmers only deal with plants and animals in regards to agriculture. In actuality, farmers have to deal with a variety of agricultural chemicals, as well as other toxic and/or irritating substances. Most materials are dangerous and can cause permanent or long-lasting injury or death if they are not used and stored correctly, especially in the presence of curious children.
- Other health hazards include exposure to:
- Other farming health hazards
What Factors Contribute To Farming Accidents?
There are many components to a modern farm, and as such, there are a number of contributing factors that lead to harmful and deadly farming accidents in Oklahoma. These include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Emergency Preparedness – Most farms are rural, so hospital and emergency medical care are typically far away; the farmer often lacks the ability or time to handle an emergency until professional help arrives on the scene.
- Age of workers – Surveys show that injuries are most common among those under age 15, and adults older than 65.
- Protective Equipment – Some believe that the use of protective equipment, like safety restraints on tractors, have the ability to prevent up to 40% of all farming injuries.
- Equipment and Machinery – The greatest number of farm accidents and deaths occur while machinery is in use. Appropriate machine guarding and equipment maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation(s) assists in circumventing accidents.
Not sure if you have a case? Get started today with a free initial consultation.
Unique Challenges Of Farming Accidents In Oklahoma
We know that farming accidents don’t just hurt people. When farming accidents occur, there are damages to people, equipment, land, property and businesses. Everything must be considered, including:
- Manufacturer error
- Maintenance error
- Failure to train employees
- Improper use of equipment or chemicals
- Inadequate supervision
Call Our Farm Equipment Accident Attorneys in Tulsa
Our firm comprises some of the most highly experienced lawyers in the state of Oklahoma. We are a large firm, and as such we have the ability to offer resources which allow our attorneys to develop a personal relationship with each client. We acknowledge that each client is in a unique situation and every claim is different, and aim to recover maximum compensation on their behalf.
Farming is essential to Oklahoma infrastructure. If you have been injured or someone you know has lost their life due to a farm equipment accident, call (918) 347-6456 today.