Commercial trucks are massive and can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds, making them far more dangerous than any passenger vehicle on the road. This is why accidents involving trucks commonly result in catastrophic injuries or death. If you were severely injured in a truck accident, you could be entitled to compensation, but it is crucial that you take legal action soon to avoid the statute of limitations expiring.
Below is a list of the 5 most common causes of truck accidents:
- Truck driver error: Truck accidents can be devastating, which is why truck drivers have a greater responsibility to exercise safe driving practices. Unfortunately, many often drive fatigued, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or go well above the posted speed limit, putting others in danger.
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance: Trucks clock in a lot of mileage. In fact, it is not uncommon to drive thousands of miles within a single day. Therefore, these vehicles require more regular maintenance to ensure they are in good condition to drive and do not pose a safety hazard. Trucks that are not properly maintained are at a high risk of equipment failure, which can result in a serious accident. Drivers must inspect the truck at the start of every shift and submit a vehicle maintenance report.
- Defective equipment: Even a properly maintained truck can experience equipment failure if the equipment is defective. In this case, the manufacturer can potentially be held liable for producing defective or dangerous components that ultimately resulted in an accident. In such cases, multiple parties, including the truck manufacturer and the company that sold the truck, could be held liable.
- Improperly loaded cargo: Trucks carry a lot of cargo and there is a right and wrong way to load it. When rules and regulations are disregarded, and cargo is inadequately secured, loaded items can fall out of the truck and onto the road, resulting in a tragic accident.
- Poor weather: Sometimes, weather conditions can take us for a ride. Truckers who are inexperienced and lack training might not know how to navigate a truck in inclement weather conditions, such as heavy rain or snow. To avoid an accident, it is imperative that they drive at a speed that is safe for weather conditions in order to avoid hydroplaning or losing control.
TULSA TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS BACKED BY A HISTORY OF SUCCESS!
If you sustained injuries in an accident caused by a commercial truck driver, you should not hesitate to reach out to the legal team at Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, PLLC in Tulsa. Our experienced and knowledgeable truck accident attorneys are committed to providing fierce legal representation and will do what is necessary to fight for compensation on your behalf.
Begin your truck accident claim today and call our law office at 918-492-7674 to schedule a complimentary case review with one of our attorneys. You will not owe us any legal fees until we are able to win your case!