Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid After a Car Accident
With the rapidly mounting number of drivers on the road, it seems car accidents are all too common these days. Whether involved in a slight fender bender or a serious multi-vehicle crash, there are vital mistakes you must avoid in the aftermath. If you don’t handle the situation properly immediately following the accident, you run the risk of jeopardizing your future attempts to obtain compensation.
If you have been involved in a car accident, make sure to avoid the following common mistakes:
- Do not lose your cool, make accusations, or get into an argument with the other driver.
- Never attempt to settle things with the other person involved without involving your insurance company. Failing to report the accident places all of your hope into a stranger keeping their word, in addition to relinquishing your right to have your insurance company pay your claim or pursue compensation on your behalf.
- The at-fault driver’s insurance provider will likely contact you for a statement in an attempt to make you implicate yourself. Always remember, they are not on your side. Avoid going into detail no matter how friendly they appear.
- The first settlement offer will be the lowest. No matter how quickly you may want to end this process, do not settle because once you do, you cannot come back for more.
- Not seeking legal representation is a surefire way to ensure you are taken advantage of. This process is fraught with difficulties and requires the expertise of a practiced lawyer.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Our Talented Attorneys Today
Car accidents are a stressful and confusing ordeal, which is why our experienced legal team at Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, PLLC is committed to providing excellent guidance for those in need. Our strongminded car accident lawyers are tirelessly committed to the pursuit of justice on your behalf.
Call (918) 347-6456 to schedule an initial case evaluation with a qualified member of our firm.