The Challenges of Winning a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Medical malpractices lawsuits tend to be difficult to prove and win, which is why it is so imperative that you hire an experienced medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible to increases your chances of obtaining the fair and just compensation you deserve. Some of the most prominent challenges involved in a medical malpractice case involve proving the medical professional’s negligence, convincing a jury that the medical professional was negligent, and finding a qualified attorney to effectively represent you.
Continue reading below to learn more about these challenges in greater detail:
- Proving the medical professional was negligent: In a medical malpractice case, proving negligence is generally quite difficult. If you do not have an attorney on your side, you will not have access to medical experts and opinions that could support your case. An experienced attorney will have such resources at his or her disposal and will be able to consult with them to find out what kind of mistakes were made in your case.
- Convincing a jury that the medical professional acted negligently: Juries tend to be a little tough on medical malpractice plaintiffs. They typically give the benefit of the doubt to doctors and assume that they are doing their best. This is why your attorney needs to be creative and work diligently to prove that an avoidable mistake was made and that it resulted in the injuries you suffered.
- Finding a qualified medical malpractice attorney: You might think that any attorney can give you the legal assistance that you need at this time, but you actually need an attorney who is specialized in this area. Your attorney does not have to only specialize in this one specific area, but it should make up a considerable percentage of his or her caseload. If you choose an attorney who rarely takes on medical malpractice cases, you could be rolling the dice on your case’s chances of success.
- Pressure from insurance companies: Another reason why it is important to hire an experienced medical malpractice attorney is because the insurance company representing the medical facility or professional who harmed you will not respect an attorney who is not specialized in this area of practice when the time comes to negotiate a settlement.
- The cost of litigation: If you are working with an inexperienced law firm, chances are they will not be able to afford the cost of taking your case through litigation and you will end up having to bear the costs. When you work with an experienced and well-established law firm, they tend to work on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not have to pay any legal fees unless they are able to win your case.
Hire a Tulsa Medical Malpractice Attorney Today!
If you were injured at the hands of a trusted medical professional, you should not suffer in silence. You have a right to pursue fair and just compensation that will cover the cost of your injuries, lost wages, and more. At Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, PLLC in Oklahoma, our team of medical malpractice attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and insight to provide the skilled representation you need and deserve during this difficult time.
Start your medical malpractice lawsuit today and contact our legal team at (918) 347-6456 to request a complimentary case evaluation with one of our attorneys. If we cannot win your case, you will not owe us any legal fees.