What to Look for in a Personal Injury Attorney
If you have sustained an injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you will need to hire a personal injury attorney to pursue the fair and just compensation that is necessary to cover the costs of the medical bills you will incur, missed wages, and other losses you could potentially suffer as a result of your injuries. For many, this is often a first time experience and, as such, the thought of searching for the right personal injury attorney might seem daunting. If you know what to look for, however, finding the right legal advocate to represent you can be much easier.
Below are some of the traits you should look for in a personal injury attorney:
- Extensive knowledge and experience: You are hiring a professional because legal matters can be incredibly complex, so make sure you only consider attorneys who can actually bring something to the table and have the experience and knowledge you will need to ensure your case is in good hands. An attorney with more experience and knowledge will be better adept at navigating the complexities of your case and obtaining the best possible results.
- Focused and result-oriented: When it comes to handling a case, focus and persistence is a must. Initially, your attorney is going to negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company to obtain compensation on your behalf, but if they unreasonable, your case will have to go through litigation. Make sure you choose an attorney who has a track record of being driven and focused on getting the results their clients deserve.
- High-quality customer service: Customer service should not just begin and end with your attorney; it should also include everyone else you interact with in their law office. A well-established firm will understand that every client they serve is likely going through a difficult time and will give them the care and compassion they deserve. If the service a prospective attorney’s law firm provides is sub-par or you can never seem to reach them, look elsewhere.
- Always available: Speaking of availability, you should make sure the attorney you choose is also readily available. You do not want to end up having to wait too long for updates on your case or never having your questions answered, especially during a time as stressful as this.
- Prepared to go to court: If negotiations are unsuccessful and your case must go to court, you will find yourself in an all or nothing situation. For many, this can be rather frightening, but with an experienced and skilled attorney on your side, you should have nothing to fear. That is why it is crucial to know if the attorney you might want to hire is trial-tested and understands what it takes to win a case in court, if necessary.
- Understands the value of your claim: Before an attorney can even begin to negotiate, they must be able to reasonably estimate the value of their client’s claim. For attorneys who lack the necessary experience and knowledge, the estimate they come up with could potentially be way off, making it difficult to conduct proper negotiations. On the other hand, if the attorney you choose regularly handles such cases, he or she will have the skill that is necessary to accurately value your claim.
Personal Injury Attorney in Tulsa
If you recently suffered an injury that was caused by someone else's negligent actions, you need to retain skilled legal counsel today. At Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, PLLC, our team of attorneys in Tulsa is dedicated to fighting on behalf of the wrongfully injured, so they can obtain the fair and just compensation they rightfully deserve.
Start your personal injury lawsuit today and contact our legal team at (918) 347-6456 to request your free initial case evaluation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys. You will not owe us any legal fees if we cannot win your case.