Common Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Occur
Although slip and fall accidents could happen just about anywhere, some locations are much more common than others. Moreover, where your slip and fall accident occurred will impact the steps you will need to take to pursue a claim and obtain the compensation you need to recover from your injury. Make sure you consult with an experienced slip and fall injury attorney to guide you through this complex legal matter and ensure you do not make any unnecessary mistakes.
Below is a list we compiled of some the most common locations where slip and fall accidents frequently occur:
- Grocery stores: This is undoubtedly the most common type of place where slip and fall accidents happen. Customers might break or spill things on the floor and, if the staff is not reasonably attentive, they might fail to alert other customers or to clean up the mess, easily leading to a slip and fall accident. Cases involving grocery stores can be complicated when it comes to proving responsibility and trying to negotiate with their insurance company, so be sure to hire an attorney with experience in handling such cases.
- Hotels and resorts: Oftentimes, there are necessary procedures for when you are to provide notice of the incident, so make sure you inform the hotel or resort of your accident as soon as possible and hire a legal representative to help guide you through the claims process and to negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Small businesses: Not all slip and fall accidents occur on the premises of a big business like a major grocery store chain or a big name hotel. Even if you slip and fall at a small business, however, you still need an attorney to help you navigate the process.
- Private homes: Things can get a little hairy on a personal level if you end up getting injured at a private home and you are a friend of the homeowner. It is important to understand that whatever compensation you receive for your injuries will come from the insurance company that represents him or her, so try not to let your friendship deter you from pursuing necessary legal action.
- Rented homes and apartments: If you slipped and fell on the premises of an apartment complex, this could be the fault of the landlord, a tenant, or both, depending on the circumstances that led up to the accident that caused your injuries.
- Public spaces: Slip and fall accidents that occur in public spaces, such as a public park or even a sidewalk are also incredibly common and could be the fault of a government entity if they did not provide a reasonably safe environment. Such lawsuits are generally more complicated than others, so you should not attempt to handle it without an attorney.
Premises Liability Attorneys in Tulsa
At Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, PLLC, our premises liability attorneys in Tulsa have extensive experience in handling a variety of premises liability cases, including slip and fall accidents. If your slip and fall injury was sustained due to the negligence of a landlord or property manager, you will need a skilled legal advocate to get the compensation you deserve.
Get started on your case today and call our law office at (918) 347-6456 to schedule your free initial consultation with one of our premises liability attorneys. You will not owe us any legal fees unless we are able to win your case.