What to Look For When Choosing a Truck Accident Lawyer
The attorney selection process is one of the most important phases of your case. Because the lawyer you choose to represent you can make all the difference in the outcome, it is of critical importance to carefully vet and evaluate potential lawyers. You want to be confident about placing your trust in a lawyer during these difficult times, and you want to be sure they have the ability and qualifications to help you pursue the compensation you deserve following a preventable accident and injury.
At Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, PLLC, our award-winning lawyers have cultivated a reputation for successfully protecting the rights of the injured and the wronged, including many who were harmed in accidents involving commercial trucks and tractor-trailers. We believe our experience, resources, and proven record of success in recovering over $500 million in compensation for clients since 1984 speaks for itself. However, we want to help truck accident victims across the region better understand the types of qualities and achievements they should be looking for when they need a tried and true personal injury lawyer.
Things to consider about a truck accident lawyer:
- Experience – Experience is a key indicator of an attorney’s knowledge in their area of practice, but you should look beyond the amount of years an attorney has been in practice. When evaluating experience, look for attorneys who focus on the area of law under which your case falls, the types of cases they handle, and how they have resolved them. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience, as well as experience successfully resolving personal injury cases through both settlement negotiations and trial verdicts. Our breadth of experience means we have the versatility to pursue positive resolutions in all venues and it enables us to tackle tough cases, including those involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
- Truck Accident Experience – Experience is not created equally. Simply because an attorney has years of legal experience does not necessarily mean they have as much or any experience in the type of case you have. Truck accident cases are notorious for being highly complex, as they often entail serious injuries, numerous state and federal regulations, and numerous potential causes. Additionally, trucking companies and their commercial insurance providers are often large and powerful corporations that leverage their resources to contest claims. Their goals are aligned with protecting their bottom line, not paying victims. As such, they commonly fight to pay as little as possible, if anything at all. By working with our proven truck accident attorneys at Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, PLLC you benefit from working with attorneys who have hands-on experience holding at-fault parties accountable in a range of truck and commercial vehicle accidents.
- Resources – Because truck accident cases involve trucking and insurance companies that go to great lengths in their efforts to minimize payouts, it is critical that you choose an attorney or law firm that has the necessary resources to conduct thorough investigations, hire and work with medical and expert witnesses, and take a case to trial if necessary. Our firm has achieved successful results for clients throughout the years in part because we leverage extensive resources to level the playing field with powerful trucking and insurance companies that place profits over people.
- Reputation – How former clients, legal peers, and local communities regard an attorney and their firm highlight not only the achievements they have accomplished, but also how they have established themselves in regard to professional excellence and client satisfaction. Over the years, our firm has cultivated a reputation for being trusted and bold advocates for the injured, and our attorneys have received accolades and recognition from a number of local and national organizations. Our client’s also continually place their trust in our team when they or their loved ones are in need. View some of our client testimonial videos.
- Record of Success – Although all cases are unique and results do not guarantee success in your case, an attorney’s record of success offers evidence of their ability to successfully handle and resolve cases. At Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, PLLC, we have recovered over half a billion dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients, including those harmed in truck accidents.
When you consider the factors needed to succeed in truck accident cases, it becomes clear that Richardson Richardson Boudreaux, PLLC has the experience, resources, and determination to help truck accident victims and their loved ones navigate their legal journeys and pursue the maximum compensation possible. If you have a case you wish to discuss, or want to learn more about out legal team and how we can personally help you, we invite you to contact us for a FREE consultation.
We proudly serve truck accident victims throughout Tulsa, the Oklahoma City area, and the entire Northeast area of Oklahoma.